As you brush your teeth twice each day and rinse your mouth with mouthwash daily, don’t forget to floss! Many people tend to avoid flossing, which destroys their smiles more than they realize. Flossing is an extremely important technique, and it should be done at least once a day. However, we do understand that flossing can be a difficult task for some, and if you are one who struggles with flossing, our Musso Family Dentistry dental team has a suggestion for you: try using a water flosser!
Water flossers are great products that are beneficial and effective. They are small, wand-like tools that spray water in steady pulses.
How to Use a Water Flosser
- Make sure the base, also known as the reservoir, is filled with lukewarm water. Select the tip you would like to use, and adjust the pressure control to the level you prefer.
- Lean over the sink and press the tip of the water flosser in your mouth. Close your lips around the tip and turn the unit on. It’s important to keep your lips tight around the flosser.
- Start by rinsing between your back teeth and pause briefly at every crevice. When cleaning aim the flosser tip just above the gumline at a 90-degree angle.
- When you are done washing the food particles and plaque from between your teeth, turn the unit off and then press the “Tip Eject” button to remove the tip.
Why Use a Water Flosser
- Evidence proves that it is an effective way to deeply clean the crevices of your smile.
- It is easy to use.
- It effectively removes plaque and other harmful substances from your teeth.
- It deeply cleans the pockets in your mouth.
- It thoroughly cleans around braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- It is safe and gentle.
- It reduces your chances of having periodontal disease.
We invite you to call Musso Family Dentistry today at 972-840-8477 if you have any questions or if you would like to know more about water flossers in Garland, Texas. We are here to help you in any way we can, and your dentists, Dr. Mike Musso and Dr. Mark Musso are excited to meet with you. Please call 972-840-8477 to schedule your appointment with our team!