Are bad habits dangerous for tooth extractions? Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any situations that can take place. Additionally, make sure to stop any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery, to ensure the highest chance of success and to curtail any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are some common treatment conditions for healing after a tooth extraction:
– Swelling is common in your face and mouth, so implement ice pack treatments to minimize inflammation.
– Listen to the advice given by your dentist and follow it as instructed.
– If any complications should ensue during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Oftentimes, the anesthesia will make eating or drinking difficult, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
– Take any medications exactly as prescribed by your dentist and should any additional pain persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Get plenty of rest and avoid all forms of strenuous labor and exercise so that your body has a greater chance to heal.
Dr. Mike A. Musso and our team at Musso Family Dentistry will ensure that you get the care and treatment your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Garland, Texas, please schedule an appointment at 972-840-8477. Come in today to leave with a happier, healthier smile!